Investigators!
This week has been nuts! We met with all three
of our awesome investigators this week! Tara
is doing well, but we all know she will take a while to accept the gospel if
ever.. She is really intellectual. But we have dinner tonight with her at a
members home so I think that will be really good for her.
Dan is doing so well! I am so so excited about him. He totally gets everything we teach him and he has such a deep and genuine desire to change. It amazes me! He came to church yesterday, and I felt kind of bad because it seemed pretty overwhelming to him. But our branch mission leader wrapped him in and he said he enjoyed himself. He really is so awesome! One of our members called us later and said she was so impressed and touched by him and she wants to come teach him with us! He is doing really well.
| Our faces when we found out Branch Council was not happening |
Dan is doing so well! I am so so excited about him. He totally gets everything we teach him and he has such a deep and genuine desire to change. It amazes me! He came to church yesterday, and I felt kind of bad because it seemed pretty overwhelming to him. But our branch mission leader wrapped him in and he said he enjoyed himself. He really is so awesome! One of our members called us later and said she was so impressed and touched by him and she wants to come teach him with us! He is doing really well.
A few days ago the sisters in our district
called us in desperation. They had an appointment with an investigator that
they have been trying to meet forever but could never get a chaperon or it just
didn't work out. So on this day the member that they had to go with them backed
out and they needed a chaperon, so we went with them! It was so much fun. This
investigator has been learning from the Sisters in Worcester
but lives in Oxford 's
area so they have been trying to switch him over. He really wants to be
baptized but can't quite yet, for certain reasons. But it was fun teaching him
because it really felt like we were teaching a little kid, but he is definitely
in his late 20's or early 30's. He is kind of forgetful but a really great guy.
I am so happy we were able to help them out. Afterwards we were talking about
it and one of the sisters said she finally realized what members meant when
they say that missionaries bring an extra spirit with them. She felt it with
all four of us sister missionaries teaching together. That was pretty neat. I
think it was supposed to happen that way for some reason. It was neat.
There are so many miracles that are happening
right now! There are families, active and less active that we haven't been able
to get in for who knows how long, and now we are seeing them this week! We are
also finding so many more people to teach! It is so amazing. I know that the
Lord is preparing this area for something special. And I know that the fireside
that we are having on the 25th about the prophet Joseph Smith will help a ton
too! I am so excited for that!
Many wonderful things to look forward to! I love you all and I hope you know how much I love the gospel and how much I love learning more about it and applying it to my life and to other's lives! It is such a tremendous blessing.
Many wonderful things to look forward to! I love you all and I hope you know how much I love the gospel and how much I love learning more about it and applying it to my life and to other's lives! It is such a tremendous blessing.
Love,
Sister Eliza
| Desperate times, call for desperate measures! |
| Picking Blueberries...YUM!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment