Happy 4th of July!
| Huge Bonn Fire |
This week has been crazy! We found two new
investigators and are so excited about them! One of them, D, is friends with
a family that is mostly inactive except for one member. I think I might've
mentioned them last week.. But we taught him for the first time this week and
he seems so sincere and genuine in his quest to strengthen his relationship
with God. He really needs God in his life! We actually stopped by today because
we needed to update them on our status for our lesson tomorrow, and
ran into him there. He said that he had read Moroni chapters 7-10 and said he really liked
it. He even talked about specific parts in those chapters! It was so awesome!
He said he will be continuing reading it!!
Our other new investigator is a boyfriend of a young woman in the branch. He has been going to church on and off for the past 5 or so years and wants to be baptized so badly! Sadly his family is very traditionally catholic and is not supportive. So we are hoping and praying that he will find a way to involve them and help them feel more comfortable with the idea of him getting baptized. It was a really neat experience teaching him because when we talked about Joseph Smith he bore a very simple and sweet testimony of Joseph Smith! He is awesome.
We had a wonderful Sunday yesterday. Both Sister Bentley and I
bore our testimonies in sacrament meeting, even though it scares me every time
it felt so good! It was a very sweet meeting. I was so happy that our
investigator T came! She did enjoy the meeting too! She did think it was
different.. but she said it was nice. I am so happy! :) It was a great day.
I have been having some pretty awesome studies
lately, mostly for our investigators. But I learn so much while I am looking up
their questions and the things we are preparing to teach them. It is so amazing
how the Lord works. I love reading the Book of Mormon; especially where our
investigators are reading because it seems like an extra boost of the spirit
comes into that study. We are both learning about the same things, but in
different ways, and we get different things out of it, but then it is also
easier to answer their questions and help them understand. Doing this has
become such a huge blessing to me. The more I study where they are and try to
understand where they are coming, the more my testimony is strengthened in the
gospel. What a wonderful gift we have. It really shows how deep the love our
Father in Heaven has for us. He truly loves us all individually and personally,
and He truly has a perfect plan for each of us. The gospel is so perfect, even
when the world is so different and it changes all the time, the gospel stays
the same. The members of this church are not perfect but as we all strive to
live this perfect gospel we become better and better, and closer to becoming
perfect like our Father in Heaven and His Son Jesus Christ. I love it!
Sister Eliza
No comments:
Post a Comment