Monday, July 28, 2014

Alma 26:16

“Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord, yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever.  Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord?  Yea, who can say too much in the Lord?  Yea, who can say too much of his great power and of his mercy and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.”

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been an interesting one. We had wonderful Zone Conference in Worcester. We talked about the three venues of conversion (Missionary lessons, personal study, and church attendance). We were uplifted and edified by all of the members in the mission presidency. It was such a treat to hear from them all. They are such wonderful leaders, I always feel so much love from them, and they are such a powerful group. It was really funny, while President Christensen was teaching us about the personal study venue; he got a call from the mayor in New York. He asked, "do you mind of I take this? It's the Mayor of New York. He calls me sometimes...” We all were dying! I just love President Christensen; he is so sweet and humble. He shared his powerful conversion story over lunch with us. He is incredible!

We had a wonderful session about the church attendance venue with President and Sister Haight. I just love them so much. They are so spiritually powerful and just simply wonderful! I always feel very special when I see president Haight because he always makes a point to come and talk to me. I love how they teach and how they present themselves, they are very bold and loving. I feel so grateful to know each of the members of our mission presidency pretty well. It amazes me how dedicated they are and how personally involved they are with each missionary. I love them!

We had exchanges this week with the Sister's in Amherst, and I went to Amherst with Sister Wheeler. I had such a fun time! It seemed like such a long day but it was so wonderful. It didn't work out the way Sister Wheeler had hoped but we had a good time learning together. I met so many wonderful people in that area. We had a great conversation about commitment because we were trying to commit these two people to invite someone to the fireside that we had on Friday, but they weaseled out of it. We learned a lot about commitment, how to help someone make a commitment, how important it is, and ho we need to be committed and always have something to work on.
                               

Our fireside on "What the World Knows Because of Joseph Smith" went so well!! We didn't get as many people there as we hoped but we still filled the chapel and there were many non members there. We had our investigators there, less actives, former investigators, potential investigators, and low lying fruit and so on! It was awesome. President Packard did such a wonderful job. As he always does. He really touched the whole audience. I loved how he made a point to talk to so many of the people in attendance, especially some of our former and potential investigators and less actives. It was amazing. Everyone loved the event and it was so good to have the wonderful portable visitors center there! Everyone loved that, too. It was a successful night.

The past few days it has been hitting me so hard that I am leaving in less than a week. I can't believe it! It seriously has gone by way too fast. I really feel like I just made it to the mission from the MTC like a week ago. I seriously never knew I would actually get to this point. It really breaks my heart. This has been the most incredible experience of my life and I don't want it to end! I have seen people change because they have decided to follow Jesus Christ. I have seen my own testimony strengthen so much more than I thought possible. I know this gospel is true. I know our Father in Heaven has created a perfect plan to help us return to Him and that His only Begotten Son came to complete the Atonement and make that plan perfectly effective. I don't know everything the Lord has in store for us, I don't know every in and out of the gospel but I do know that it is true. I do know that this is the only way we can return to our Father. It breaks my heart when people reject this message we have, or just can't seem to understand it, yet. I hope and pray that everyone that I have come in contact with while on my mission will one day understand the gospel and accept it. Of course it is still is their choice, they have their agency, which is so frustrating sometimes! But I do love that gift that God has given us, and I know it is essential for us to grow and learn and someday reach our potential.

I love my mission. I cannot bear to leave it, but I know it is time. I only hope that I have done all the Lord has asked me to do and that He is pleased with my work. I am forever changed because of the decision I made to serve a mission.

I love you all and will be seeing you soon.

Love,
 Sister Christensen
Zone P-day



Quabin Reservoir

Last District Meeting





No comments:

Post a Comment